Chapter 4: Fractions and Decimals
Lesson 1: Greatest Common Factor
Main Idea: Students will find the greatest common factor of two or more numbers.
Lesson 3: Simplifying Fractions
Main Idea: Students will fractions in simplest form. 1. write down your fraction
2. factor your numerator to the FLIP
3. factor your denominator to the FLIP
4. Look for your GREATEST COMMON FACTOR (the biggest factor both the numerator and denominator had). Circle the GCF.
5. Divide your numerator and your denominator by the GCF.
6. You should now have your fraction in simplest form.
Lesson 4: Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
Main Idea: Students will write mixed numbers as improper fractions and vice versa.
Lesson 5: Least Common Multiple
Main Idea: Find the least common multiple of two or more numbers.
Lesson 7: Comparing Fractions
Main Idea: Students will compare fractions.
Lesson 8: Writing Decimals as a Fraction
Lesson 9: Writing Fractions as Decimals
Main Idea: Students will write fractions as decimals.
Fractions on a Number Line
Fractions to Decimals
Hungry Puppy Decimals
Fractions to Decimals Mission
Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
LCM and GCF
Fractions and Decimals